Hospitalist Jobs in Iowa
Friday · September 29, 2023
1 Job in The Hawkeye State
Photo: Skyline view at sunset of Des Moines, Iowa.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Davenport) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Lead a system of 3 programs in the Davenport area (total of 20 physicians in these programs).
- Partnered with Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation's largest medical schools.
- 12 hour shifts.
- Genesis Health System offers a full continuum of care including preventative, primary, acute, and tertiary hospital care, providing healthcare services to a 10-county, bi-state region of the Quad Cities metropolitan area and surrounding communities of Iowa and Illinois.
- Enhanced Leadership Development and Training through Cogent Academy, our National Mentoring Program instructed by our widely recognized industry leaders.
- 401k with Company Match.
- Opportunities for Advancement.
- Champion for change management and implementation of required expectations within the program.
- Not-for-profit, Academic Medical Health Center.
- MD or DO degree.
- The System Medical Director position is critical to the success of our Hospitalist programs and functions as the clinical leader of the programs, sharing overall program leadership with the Cogent team.
- The Quad Cities, where the Mississippi River runs east to west, is comprised of 4 cities and many surrounding communities.
- Teaching Program in place.
- Define and manage service agreements and scope of practice of direct admissions, perioperative and consultative care, ED consultations, ICU management.
- Commencement & Retention Bonuses.
- Acls required.
- Open ICU.
- Commencement and Retention Bonuses available!
- Serve in a partnership role with the Cogent Program Manager in all areas of program management including, but not limited to.
- Full Benefits Package.
- SMD works a blend of clinical and managment shifts (50%/50%).
- Coordinated Care Team/Suppor Staff.
- Marketing, staffing, HR issues, budget, clinical performance, strategic planning, services provided, and recruitment.
- Provides IU Health patients with access to latest research and most innovative treatments and therapies.
- Understanding of techniques in financial decision making.
- Demonstrated previous leadership and management skills.
- Performance Management of Cogent Hospitalists.
- Davenport is a great city. Everything you need to live the great life is in Davenport!
- Lead our Hospitalist Teams as System Medical Director (SMD) for Genesis Medical Center campuses in Davenport.
- Orientation and training of new physicians.
- Competitive Compensation + Bonus Opportunity.
- Our affiliates bring together more than 665 licensed beds, aff members and hundreds of volunteers to serve our community.
- Advocate for and support of all existing standardized Cogent processes, tools, services.
- Abim or Aobim certification in Internal Medicine, or Abfp certification in Family Medicine.
- Average 15 shifts per month.
- Stipend Available.
- 24/7 support for all procedures.
- Together, they are responsible for the performance of the program and its specific goals.
- Skill in physician recruitment and retention practices.
- The cities that make up the area include: Moline and Rock Island Illinois, and Davenport and Bettendorf Iowa.
- Improve healthcare for hospitals, patients and you.
- Medical Malpractice and Tail Coverage.
- Having earned recognition as one of the nation's Top rong> and achieved medical firsts in the nation, Genesis Medical Center remains the Quad City region's only locally owned and operated regional health care system.
- You belong with us!
- Cogent is the nation's largest private hospitalist company, focused on relentlessly improving efficiency and quality of inpatient care by supporting our hospitalists with technology and operational infrastructure, a coordinated clinical care team, data-driven processes, rigorous ongoing training and experienced leadership.
- Relationship management with key clinical and administrative stakeholders at the hospital.
- Define and manage work allocation and work flow policies and processes of program clinical and physician staff.
- Electronic Billing System in place.
- Each city brings its own culture and personality to help create one of the most interesting places to live and visit.
- Licensed or eligible to practice in the State of Iowa, or willingness to obtain an Iowa license.
- ED covers Rapid Response Team.
- Experience in Hospital Medicine.
- Facilitate 2-way dialogue with staff hospitalists to promote physician involvement in program planning, policy development and other activities.
- Partnered with Indiana University Health, the state's most comprehensive health system, comprised of more than 20 hospitals and clinics, statewide.
- CME and Relocation Allowance.
- Its affiliates include Genesis Medical Center - Davenport, Genesis Medical Center - Illini Campus, Genesis Medical Center - DeWitt, Genesis Medical Education Foundation, Visiting Nurse Association, and GenVentures Inc.
This perm job from Sound Physicians was last open on Jan 2.